• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Do I have hemorrhoids?

U

Unregistered951328

I was going to the bathroom and I'd wipe and there would be very tiny streaks of blood like maybe not even a millimeter long/wide.

This does not happen all the time I go to the bathroom and I do eat lots of fiber and I stay very hydrated.

I do not use opiates or other drugs aside from drinking coffee daily and I drink booze socially once a week with friends and not in excess.

Are these hemorrhoids or am I just using too much toilet paper and being too rough? I do not want to get a colonoscopy since I'm in my mid 20s and everything else is fine.

i don't think so. sounds like perhaps a bit of tearing due to big poop! or hard poop!

water/fiber/activity

or, if your poopie (hee hee) seems hard/dry etc. you can easily take a stool softener (NOT a laxative!).

external hemorrhoids can sometimes be seen or felt. take a look down there adam sandler style.

you know it when you have assteroids . bung be burning and hurting . shove a patent medicine thing up there, if you can do it without passing out .

scarf a few cans of pickled jalapeños - fix your exhaust pipe right up !

If this has just started happening I would wait and see if anything changes.
Hemorrhoids - referencing one of my handy medical books here....
Symptoms: Itching, pain, irritation or burning during or after a bowel movement, blood streaks on stools, bleeding or passage of clots.

Do you have any of these other symptoms?
If not it could have been just a one time constipation thing.

Treatment: Only severe hemorrhoids need surgery. Your doctor can help you treat mind cases. Avoid straining during bowel movements. Drink plenty of fluids and eat fiber-rich foods. See a doctor if it continues or worsens, if may be a sign of something more serious and would need to be ruled out.

At home treatment: To ease the pain, take 15 minute sitz bath in warm water twice a day, then apply a cool cloth soaked in witch hazel.
To lessen itch and aid in healing, you can use any nonprescription ointment specifically for this condition (Preparation H) or try "Bag Balm", which is an antibiotic ointment developed originally to treat the infected udders of cows. Well known for it's skin- healing properties, "Bag Balm" can be found on store shelves with the hand creams and body lotions.

Yay, books still work.

I didn't have 'roids' until I reached age 50. I always use Preparation H wipes after dropping a deuce in the brownie-bowl. I've tried the generic wipes, BUTT the 'Prep H' is by far the best.
Even before getting roids, I always used moist-wipes after taking a shit. I can't fathom NOT using a moist-wipe after taking a dump...dry toilet-paper by itself just doesn't clean a hairy-ass as well as toilet-paper/wet-wipe/toilet-paper.

In response to the "do I have Hemorrhoids" thread

This is in response to http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=504299
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gross post ya'll, don't read it if you don't have to....

Hey anon, I'm actually really happy to see you post this, because I have what seems to be the exact same problem.

I was always 'the boy with the golden ass' before. Nothing made me constipated, I never strained or hurt myself, never had to force a poop, and all of the sudden I find tiny streaks of blood on the toilet paper and the itchiest asshole I can possibly imagine. But it doesn't seem to be hemorrhoids!

They were my first thought, but since this started happening, I've been inspecting my butt on camera and with my fingers, and I don't have anything that looks like a hemorrhoid. The only abnormality I see is that the 'perianal folds' on one side of my hole are a lot longer and deeper than on the other sides, and they're a bit inflamed, and there isn't hair on them. I assume that is from scratching at it so crazily.

so anyway, I found this .PDF for describing stuff that can happen to your butthole. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2780053/pdf/ccrs17241.pdf

One thing I thought might cause this was pinworms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterobiusv

Supposedly like >40% of people in temperate climates are infected with them, especially kids. It might make sense, because I was volunteering with some ghetto kids when this started happening. Even though pinworms are harmless, I think they might cause this by tempting me to scratch my butt enough to where I get microabrasions or something, and then this cycle continues. The way to test for pinworms is to press some scotch tape on your butthole first thing when you wake up in the morning, and then look at it under a microscope for eggs. WEll I don't have a freaking microscope, and I don't have several hundred to drop on a doctor, so I ordered the pinworm medecine off the internet. It's OTC in the united kingdom, but the good stuff requires a prescription in the USA. Luckily I found it relatively cheap - 4 doses for 10$. One dose kills all the worms, but their eggs live in your house for up to two more weeks, so most people take a second dose after two weeks to kill any new ones.

Aside from pinworms, which I really hope caused this because it'll be easy to treat, the PDF I sent you contains some stuff that looks like it might explain things. I thought Candidiasis and Streptococcal and Staphylococcal Dermatitis sounded pretty accurate. If you read that pdf, just google words you don't understand. Pruritis = itching, and erythema = redness. It's possible that we contracted pinworms, and the by scratching gave ourselves a secondary infection. (Candidiasis is from fungus, the strep things are bacteria.. not mrsa not mrsa)

Anyway good luck to you. The only thing I have going for me at this point is that I haven't had sex with anyone in the period which this has developed. I hope you get better because living with an itchy butthole is no way to live!